Wednesday 4 August 2010

Rolo Pretzel turtles

These are about the easiest quick-make snacks ever – it’s a salty + sweet combo that really works … trust me!

I think I probably first saw these on the internet on Jaden Hair’s Steamy Kitchen blog.

You only need 3 ingredients:
1) mini pretzels
2) Rolo sweets – these are a chocolate covered caramel sweet
3) Nuts – I use roasted pecan halves but you can use almonds, hazels, cashews or even M&Ms or Smarties.

Preheat your oven to 190°C (don’t know what that is in °F) and grab a baking tray. First you have to unwrap the Rolos – naturally eating one or two along the way for quality control purposes.



Place your mini pretzels on the baking tray and place a Rolo on top of each pretzel.



Bake in oven for 2 minutes, until the chocolate just begins to soften. The Rolo should be soft but not completely melted.

Remove your tray from oven and immediately squish the chocolate with a nut.



Now I normally stick them into the fridge for half an hour or so to harden the choc up again if I am transporting them some place but you don’t have to. In actual fact, you really need to eat a few whilst they are warm and gooey. Go on – your taste-buds will thank you for it!



These are so very more-ish and extremely good. Try them soon, OK?

I’ve not been doing much crafting of late … been pretty tired. I hope to remedy that soon and share some more sewing projects with you soon.
TTFN.

4 comments:

  1. Eeeek! I feel sick!

    I think you can safely say that this isn't mu cup of tea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look scrumptious! It is totally a simple idea..I'm definately going to try this! I love the sweet and salty combo! Thanks for sharing Ady!
    Angela
    www.sewloquacious.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post, it got my mind working (no mean feat) and I can think of a few variations that would make fabulous nibbles.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.