Thursday 30 June 2011

More summer sewing

I'm still sewing stuff for myself. I have another two slightly modified Pendrells to do soon. Here are the most recent additions to the working wardrobe.

The first is a Sorbetto tank in a lovely chintzy print.



I decided to go for a bold contrast with the black bias binding and etched buttons.



I bought about 2 metres of a black non-crease polyester fabric from the local fabric warehouse. It was a cheapy buy at £3 a metre. I managed to cut 2 skirts from the piece I got. This is the first of the two skirts. This is a simple one seam, elasticated waist skirt. Nothing fancy - just a simple plain skirt.



I'm trying to figure out how to insert an invisible zip for the second skirt. Have to go do some online research now.

Hope your week is going well, friends.

1 comment:

  1. Your blouse is really pretty. Great job on it and the skirt. I'm sure you won't have any trouble doing the zipper...pretty easy really.
    Good luck!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.