Monday 23 January 2012

Happy Chinese New Year!

Kung Hei Fatt Choy!!

"Kung Hei Fatt Choy" means "Wishing You Prosperity and Wealth".



It's the Year of the Dragon and it begins today! The Year of the Dragon is considered to be the luckiest of the Chinese lunar years. The Dragon brings us the promise of change which is traditionally associated with new beginnings and good fortune.

My Lunar New Year here in the UK normally begins with lots of Pineapple tarts! In Malaysia and Singapore, pineapple tarts are very popular during this time of the year. I made some last year and the year before that which I blogged about here. This year, I've made them again. Mmmmmmm ....



I started a bit later than usual this year with my pineapple tarts which meant that I was in a baking frenzy last night! Still, 175 of these little gems are packed and ready to go to the office with me this morning and there is another batch of pastry sitting in the fridge awaiting my attention tonight.

For all my friends out there who celebrate Chinese New Year, I wish you a very happy and prosperous year ahead. Kung Hei Fatt Choy!

1 comment:

  1. Kung Hei Fatt Choy, Ady!

    Those pineapple tarts look scrummy as ever. Your co-workers are very lucky!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.